SNOW PLOW BID
Independent School District No. 480, 35465 125th Avenue, Onamia, Minnesota 56359, is in the process of accepting sealed bids for the 2023-2024 school year for snow plowing/removal.
The Contractor will be responsible for clearing snow and ice and for distributing salt/ice-melt in all parking lots and areas listed on bid. Below is a list of all district building requiring snow removal and salting:
1. Bus Garage Parking Lot – needs to be completed by 5:30am
2. High School Parking Lot (East, West and North Side) – needs to be completed by 7am
3. Elementary Parking Lot (South, East and West Side) – needs to be completed by 7am
4. Rolf Olsen Center/Lions Community Center – needs to be completed by 7:30am
- Snow removal shall occur when two (2) inches or more of snow/sleet, etc. accumulates on the ground surfaces.
- The School District reserve the right to request additional snow removal as needed.
- The School District reserves the right to postpone snow removal operations when weather or other conditions necessitate a reduction of snow removal services.
- Snow must be removed from the ground surfaces and placed in collection areas in a manner which does not create snow piles/mounds which may cause dangerous conditions at any facility.
- The Contractor shall provide the necessary equipment to remove any excess snow accumulation.
- The Contactor shall not push snow into unauthorized areas, and if done, the Contractor, at its sole cost and expense, shall be required to remove snow from unauthorized areas.
- If the Contractor damages School District property (e.g. grass, parking blocks, signs, etc.) it shall be repaired at Contractor’s sole cost and expense to a condition as good as prior to such damage. Repairs shall be completed by May 1st of the snow season.
- The Contractor will have “on call” services available, twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- All snow removal services must be available at the Contractor’s pricing between November 1 and April 30.
- Non-approved snow removal services will not be paid for.
- The Contractor must be insured.
Please respond by 3:30 p.m., Friday, November 3, 2023 with your sealed bid and the signed form below. Mark the return envelope “Snow Plowing/Removal Services.” If you have any questions, contact Jeremy at 320-532-6754.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BID FORM