Onamia Elementary Pre-K Program
Voluntary Pre-K was established by Governor Dayton in 2016 to allow school districts to provide high quality early learning programming to 4 year olds. Onamia was one of the 74 districts chosen to receive this funding.
Currently, We have a full class with 20 students and are hoping to expand next year with possibly a full and half day program.
The Voluntary Pre-K program:
• Follows the school calendar and is a full day program.
• Provides transportation within the school district.
• Uses Scholastic Big day Pre-K Curriculum for guided, play based learning.
• Offers Breakfast, Lunch and Snack daily.
• Uses FAST assessments to monitor progress and learning.
• Use of the playground for outside play.
• Children visit the Elementary Art and Music room weekly
• Has a variety of learning centers including Literacy, Blocks, Sensory, Art, and Writing
Children must be 4 years old before September 1st of the school year they plan to attend. This is a great opportunity to help your child to transition into kindergarten!
Please contact Danette Rohloff if you have any concerns about your child's development at 532-6734 or firstname.lastname@example.org